A private viral campaign Directed and Produced in November 2012 for equal parenting rights across the EU.
*JURY AWARD – OneFilmFest, New Jersey 2013.
– 200,000 views in first fortnight online / currently over 600,000 views – leading to 60,000 + petition signatures.
– Featured throughout mainstream, political & LGBT news, blogs & social media.
– Aired in ad-breaks on Portugal’s Public Service Broadcasting Television Channel ‘RTP’ & Australia’s ‘OKTO TV’.
– Shared by influential personalities such as Stephen Fry & news sites including Upworthy, Huffington Post & Italy’s biggest national paper Corriere.
– Partnered with U.S organization All Out, NELFA, ILGA-EUROPE, BAAF & Michael Cashman MEP.
– Seeded by international brands with large online audiences such as Andrew Christian & Grindr.
Imagine if your family wasn’t legally recognised in the majority of Europe. That’s the shocking scenario examined in a new online short film, which is the first of its kind to use Facebook and Twitter to raise awareness of the alarming inequalities facing gay parents throughout Europe.
Launched 5 November 2012 for the UK’s National Adoption Week, it is a joint project from online organisation All Out and producer Mike Buonaiuto, the award-winning director of the ‘Homecoming’ equal marriage video commissioned by the Coalition for Equal Marriage. The film is also supported by Michael Cashman MEP.
Music: ‘In Your Arms’ by Craig Sutherland
See Italian “Corriere” TV Coverage here.
Cast: Garry Mannion | Jessica Hopes | James McGregor
Editor / Director of Photography: Arthur Lewin
Web Design / Development: Bradley Hall
MEP Michael Cashman
The Finnish Rainbow Families Association
New Family Social
Coalition for Equal Marriage
Institute of Social Ecology Vienna (SEC)
Gay Star News
Manuel Cabral Morais
Tuomo P Railo